We have very high number of calls during from 8am to 10am and 11am to 1pm, especially on Mondays and Fridays. The following guidance has been provide to help you improve your telephone access to the surgery:
- Please think about exactly what you want before making the call and try to be as concise as possible.
- If you require a planned/routine appointment (i.e., in 3 or more days time), try ringing the surgery after 3pm or book online.
- If you require a routine appointment within 48 hours, try ringing between 1pm and 3pm.
- If you require a same day appointment, you must ring before 1:00pm. If we have no appointments available, you will be offered the chance to speak with the duty doctor, who will arrange an appropriate appointment.
- Cancel your appointment online, making more appointments available (8% to 10% of doctor appointments are wasted each month by patients not attending appointments).
- Remember your appointment time, avoiding the need to make a telephone call to check the time.
- Do not order repeat prescriptions by telephone.